Tuesday, May 21, 2013

WONDERS OF COCONUT OIL



So just a couple of months ago I was looking for a product that I could use to seal the moisture in my hair for my natural hair "wash and go" regimen and I tried several things such as: olive oil, jojoba oil, mixed oils all in one, and then one day I stumbled across coconut oil. I had read about coconut oil on several natural hair blogs but hadn't had the chance to try it yet, but once I did I have never turned back to anything else. It is amazing. It has many healthy benefits and can be used for various many different things. I noticed at first that it left my hair feeling super moisturized and really added that shine to my curls that I was looking for. With the use of coconut oil, my hair stayed moisturized for a few days longer, which equals MIRACLE in the curly hair world. At around the same time I ran out of my regular organic facial moisturizer and said to myself, "Why don't I try to use my coconut oil?" I was nervous because I was previously under the impression that oils on the face were a definite "no-no" because I've struggled with mild acne in the past. I did it anyway figuring I could always reverse any damage done and boy was I surprised, not only did it keep my face moisturized all day long, but it gave me an extra glow and evened out my skin tone. I started using it on my whole body and instead of having to reapply lotion twice a day, the oil kept my skin smooth all day long. It's also edible (I use the 100% Jamaican choice) so I can also throw it in anytime I want to cook a dish!


Why I recommend it and give coconut oil a 10/10:


  • Studies have show that intake of coconut oil can help our bodies mount resistance to both viruses and bacteria that can cause illness. 
  • It's packed with antioxidants and helps build our immune systems
  • It has anti-aging properties for skin and can be used to treat acne
  • It is a wonderfully healthy oil to cook with and a proven source of energy when consumed
  • AND OF COURSE for us curly girls who NEED serious hair moisture, it not only moisturizes but is proven to repair damaged ends, improve scalp health, and give us that extra shine we all love.

SEE YOU ALL SOON!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post!! I just started using coconut oil and it has done wonders for my skin and hair. I normally use it after a shower and do not have to put no other moisturizer on since it DOES last all day, and even days after. My skin is so soft! I get mine from the Mom's organic market for 8.99.

    ReplyDelete